Updated: 18 July 2020
Version Number: 1.0
This “Privacy Notice” describes the practices of Rolling Gyros Ltd. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Rolling Gyros”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) and the rights and choices available to individuals, regarding personal data. Please take a look in our Policy carefully, as it becomes legally binding when you use our Services. For the full definition of the capitalized words here. We take privacy and protection of your data very seriously and are committed to handling the personal information of those we engage with, whether customers, suppliers or colleagues responsibly and in a way that meets the legal requirements of the of United States of America .
1. Responsible Authority
The responsible authority for the collection, processing and use of personal data is: Rolling gyros Ltd, A national business located in Boston Massachusetts for more details go to our location page in our web site https://rollinggyros.com/truck-locations/ .
2. Data we collect about you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
2.1 Information you give us
You may give us information about you when you sign up to use our service, e.g. when you provide us with personal details like your name and email address. This also includes information you provide through your continued use of our Services, your participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or App, through entering a competition, promotion or survey, and by reporting problems with our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information (including credit card, debit card, or bank account information), payment reason, geographical location, social security number, personal description and photograph.
• In some cases, such as when you send or receive high value or high volume transactions, or where we need to comply with anti-money laundering regulations, we may also need more commercial or identification information from you.
2.2 Information we collect about you
With regard to your use of our Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Profile information, such as username and password that an individual may establish on one of our websites or mobile applications, along with any other information that an individual enters into their account profile
• Demographic details, such as date of birth, country of citizenship and/or country of residence
• Information about individuals’ affiliation with a legal entity, such as an individual’s role, and whether he or she is a beneficial owner or authorized signatory
• Government-issued identification numbers (to the extent permitted under applicable law), such as a national identification number (e.g., a Social Security Number, tax identification number, or passport number), state or local identification number (e.g., a Driver’s License or other government-issued identification number), and a copy of your government-issued identification card
• Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you request information from us, receive customer support, or otherwise correspond with us, including by interacting with our pages on social networking online sites or services
• Financial account information, such as payment card or bank account details
• Information about merchants, such as merchant name, merchant ID and category code, merchant location where a transaction occurred, and information about transactions processed by the merchant, including transaction volume, velocity, amounts, types of goods or services sold, and chargeback ratios
• Information related to a merchant’s use of Clover products or services, such as account information, spending thresholds, spending activity and patterns, and information about the transactions we process
• Information about a merchant’s personnel and their interaction with the Clover POS, such as clock-in and clock-out time, tips earned, and additional job-related information depending on how the merchant configures its Clover POS
• Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications, merchant surveys, and details about how you engage with our marketing communications.
2.3 Information from social media networks
2.4 Children’s data
Our products and services are directed to all kind of costumers, which can include a person under 18 years old, as same as any costumer we’ll utilize our tools and metric to provide security and privacy as confidential data collection.
3. How we protect your personal information
We chose the best and secure platform to provide our online service, Clover Network Inc. as exceptional platform Clove offer excellent tools to protect your date, and that was the reason we’ve chosen them.
4. Ways we use your information
• to carry out our obligations relating to your contract with us and to provide you with the information, products and services;
• to comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements;
• to notify you about changes to our Services;
• as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure;
• to improve our Services and to ensure that they are presented in the most effective manner;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve
5. Your rights
• 5.1 Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, contact us. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to require us to:
• provide you with further details on the use we make of your information;
• provide you with a copy of the information that you have provided to us;
• update any inaccurate, incorrect, or out of date personal information we hold;
• delete any personal information that is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to a legal obligation to which Rolling Gyros is subject to. Rolling Gyros has legal obligations so it may not be possible to delete your data at the time of request. Once the required time has passed then we will be able to comply with your request;
• cease direct marketing to you, by contacting us or adjusting your notification preferences in the settings section of your account;
• object to any processing based on the legitimate interests ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights
• restrict how we use your information whilst a complaint is being investigated
• 5.2 Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege). If you exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
6. Third-party links
• 6.1 Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
• 8.2 If you feel that we have not addressed your questions or concerns adequately, please send a email to us.